Apply as an Instructor in GoEdu
How To Become An Instructor
To apply as an instructor, follow the checklist below:
- Watch the video above to get overall idea on the requirements
- Prepare your course contents as per the requirements
- Accumulate course title, short description, course requirements, course outline, lesson video contents, MCQ based questions with options and answers, instructor profile, digital signature, instructor photograph under one drive folder.
- Make sure the drive folder is shared for public view.
- Submit the drive folder link to firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
To become an instructor in GoEdu is easy. Just make sure you have the following traits so that you can achieve success easily:
The instructors should be passionate about their subject matters and should have up to date knowledge about the topics they will teach.
The instructors will facilitate the learners to achieve their personal or professional goals by ensuring that their contents provide all the necessary guidelines.
Instructors are expected to be open-minded and willing to learn from the working team of GoEdu. This is necessary to ensure the quality of the courses.
Instructors are expected to be thorough on their lessons. They need to explain the reasons for their actions, preferences, choices etc. so that the learners understand the context.
We are aiming to produce short courses with valuable insight which will contribute for personal and or professional growth of the learner the moment they finish the course. The courses will be self-paced and video based. We prefer to break down the whole course into separate modules where each module will contain several short (2-3 minutes) video contents. We wish to certify the learners through HRDI after completing the courses. Therefore, we will also require MCQ type quiz designed by the instructors after each module or at least a final MCQ type exam. MCQ based exams are required for automation of grading and allow more flexibility to the instructors.
Courses need to have the following elements:
- Discussion Board
If you are in hesitation that whether you will be able to make a good course or not, whether people will buy it or not or whether it can compete with the courses that are already out there, know that it’s important to start. Also, if you are in the process to learn something new, that can be an interesting topic to make a course. Because learners can teach the best as they have involved in the learning process themselves and know what information and insight matters and are valuable for the learners.
- Make scripts for each of your lectures. Scripts can be in Bengali. While preparing, make sure you plan it such that it can be covered within a maximum of 5 minutes. In case it needs more time, make it a different lesson.
- Modify your slides to be more simple ( Use visuals that support your script and minimal text. If more text are required, use different slides)
- Plan MCQ type questions for each module/unit/lesson. Since the course will be fully online, assessments should be automated which is not possible for essay type answers.
- Read our blog post on How to Successfully Earn from Online Courses to get more ideas on content planning and process.
Instructors will have the ownership of their contents and we will only keep the courses in our platform as long as the instructors allow us. We will ensure that the instructors receive royalty per sell of their courses. The percentage of the royalty will depend on the amount of support the instructors will require from our end. Instructors will be allowed to market their courses by themselves to increase the sell and increase the payment as royalty. We will also have our own dedicated team which will market the courses in different social media platform.
Instructors can produce their own video. Note that sell of the course may depend on the quality of the video and audio. GoEdu has a dedicated recording studio and the instructors may take support from there to create their contents. However, it will decrease the royalty percentage. It is because we need to pay the supporting team for their work.
Instructor Payment Policy
Depending on how independent the instructor is in term of content production, GoEdu offers different types of payment. The instructor gets a royalty (up to maximum 50%) for each course sell from GoEdu. This payment can be withdrawn to a bank account or by cheque. Instructors will be paid upon reaching a payment threshold as decided during the time of agreement with GoEdu. Instructor success is the success of GoEdu and, therefore, GoEdu will help instructors to successfully reach their payment threshold as quickly as possible.